Friday 7 September 2012

What camera to buy

Even though I am not nearly a pro, I still get a lot of people asking me what cameras they should buy. Compact all in one camera are very good these days and some of them come with amazingly fast lenses, as low as f1.8 apertures. For many people that is a perfect option, but this guide is specifically for people who ask me about getting something that can be used for more artistic photography, and of course, will make them feel like they are better photographers. I say feel, because even though you can take amazing photos with little compact camera, people just don’t feel like they are taking creating anything worthwhile unless they are able to change lenses.

I listen to a podcast about photography and on it is a we know photographer who said that with the quality of mirroress Micro Four Third cameras now he is seriously considering buying one as his main camera. It is lighter and hence much easier and comfortable to carry around.

With that in mind, I have started telling people to have a serious look at these new format cameras if they don’t have a DSLR yet. They are cheaper, smaller, and have features that beginners and more casual photographer might really appreciate.

Initially I did my reading research and wrote a single post with a single recommendation, but after going find actual prices, I noticed that some cameras are easier to find than others. Because of this I have had to read more about other cameras. My “research” is now split in to multiple posts.

Read more about Olympus, PanasonicSamsung and other cameras or get a quick overview of what lenses you should be looking for.

As I get time I will add other manufacturers and update these pages. If anyone would like to add something, feel free to let me know and I will add/change what is needed.

1 comment:

  1. This was very interesting. I can say that I have made the right choice that I buy my new Sony A77. It's really amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete