Wednesday 12 September 2012

솔로창국 we will beeee…

While writing something on the board during a lesson when I realised that the chalk in my hand had a face. A FACE!

Students had gotten hold of the chalk during the break and dew faces and wrote 솔로창국 on it. At first I did not know what it said but then my co-teacher pronounced it. Hearing it did the trick, I knew what it was. It said SoloChangug. Solo, as in …Solo, alone, only one.

In Konglish 솔로(solo) means being single, not in a relationship. 창국(changug) is Korean for heaven and is most commonly seen with shops called 김밥창국 (Kimbab Heaven) where you can get most of the Korean fast foods.

So, bringing it all together, 솔로창국 means Solo Heaven, in that being single is the best thing to be. Aaaah, how much they will change in two years when they arrive in high school.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)
    Heaven is 천국 ^^.so prob your students wrote 솔로천국. it's just a little comment, hopefully it can be helpful!

    ReplyDelete