Friday 14 September 2012

Steve McCurry: Between Darkness and Light

A couple of year back I went to an exhibition of works by photographer Steve McCurry. His works were fantastic to see and I learned that he did so much more than The Afghan Girl, but I came out wondering why I even bothered picking up my camera.

This time I am prepared. I will go in there snorting derisively at his master works and convince myself that I am just as good as he is. I will be the winner!

If you don’t know much about Steve McCurry, do yourself a favour and head to the Seoul Art Centre for the exhibition entitled Steve McCurry: Between Darkness and Light. It will be running from Wednesday 12 September to Sunday 21October. Tickets are 10,000 won for adults and it will be held in the V-Gallery.

To get to the Seoul Art Centre, go to Nambu Bus terminal subway station and go out Exit 5. Walk straight until you get to a large intersection where you will turn right. You will cross a smaller traffic light on the way there. After turning just look straight ahead and you will see the the large complex about 500m in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment