Monday 18 April 2011

I'm gay? Why didn't you tell me this before?

Someone I know was starting to piss me off. Pissing me off doesn’t take much, so I have learned to take a lot of that and ignore it. Yes, sure I still get really upset about stupid things and I am aware of it, but I am actively working on ridding myself of this really bad habit. People will always piss others of every now and then, but that is no reason to not be friend with someone.

This guy was getting on my case about my computer and how it relates to the game World of Warcraft. I am fully aware that my Mac is not a gaming computer. I dint buy it to be one. It has enough memory and CPU power, but the graphics card, maybe the most important thing in a gaming rig, was severely lacking. I was playing WoW at low graphics and still getting only 20 frame per second. That is playable because I am a healer, but it is not exactly a great gaming experience.

When the earth quake hit Japan its impact on my connection with the game servers was heavily impacted and my game was basically unplayable for about 10 days. Somehow he got it in to his head that it was my computer’s problem and also my service provider. I explained to him that it made no sense and since my connecting was fine a few days before (I hadn’t thought about the quake being the issue at that point) in the end I was proved right when my connection speed returned to normal without changing computers. He also had this strange idea that my hard Drive was done for despite everything else working find and testing it showing no problems.

Through all of this I was looking in to getting a PC with a decent graphics card. Playing at high resolution would be nice, I though. He gave me advice, but honestly, everything I know about the rig I eventually bought was found on the internet. Names, specs, prices, everything. He did put me in touch with a friend of his and also gave me the number of a place where he lives, but I ended up going to Yongsan and getting everything for a good price. I did thank him which apparently was not enough of him. I didn’t want to go with his friend because I felt weird asking someone I hardly know to go through all that much effort for me and the people where he lives is 2 or three hours away from where I live and they don’t speak English.

When I finally did get the new rig I intentionally did not want to tell him about it because I knew what would happen. He had been pestering me with stupid reason to get a new rig and I had been putting it off because I don’t like spending that much money on something on a whim. It took me more than a month each to buy my Mac and my iPhone. When he eventually found out he did exactly what I thought he would and gave me this “I told you that you needed is and you put it off just to do and then did what I said you should” kind of response. I never said I didn’t need better rig. I said I didn’t feel that I needed it enough and could make do without it.

This pissed me off as I knew it would and I told him what I thought, but in typical style, he came back with the attitude that I am the only one to blame and that he was right all along and I was wrong for not doing what he told me to do. For some reason he does not understand that I have money in the bank for a reason. I don’t spend it the moment I get it and that I will certainly not spend it for the useless reasons he put forward. He posed something on my Facebook wall about it and I was not having any of it any more. If you have to say something like that, send me a message. Don’t make a public post, again. I told him what I thought, he came back with more of the same and I finally decided to unfriend him. This was his response:
“typical pussy move from a pussy guy-face it ur socially retarded...”
Homophobic, senseless and, well, juvenile. (I have to wonder about the bragging over the girls and the constant homophobic comments.)

Apparently not feeling the need to engage in dick measuring over how many women I can pay to have sex with me in one night, how young they are, how fast my internet connection is and who has the biggest computer makes me gay and a social retard. I will have to take a few days to think about that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh lord - Mac envy, iPod envy, iPhone envy and i'm sure there's going to be iPad envy as well. Why do people purport to be anti-Apple when what they really want is to own an Apple device and there's NOTHING wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rig is just a computer, usually custom built. I had the guys in Yongsan build me one with exact parts.

    I still have my Mac, of course, because it is a good machine. I do all the photo and multi media stuff on it.

    The problem is the graphics card. Upgrading that and then keeping it cool would have been basically impossible, and if gaming was the aim then going for a box Mac at three times the price of a custom PC makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete