Friday 22 April 2011

Eat my, erm, heals, Halfus!

I downed my first Raid Boss. What you saying now, B****?!

Huh? You have no idea what I’m talking about? What do you mean you don’t play World of Warcraft? Really? It must be hard not being a geek. Don’t worry, let Otto tell you more.

World of Warcraft is a Massively Multiplayer Online(MMO) Action Role Playing Game(RPG). MMO because there are a few million people online at any time playing and Action Role Playing because you have a character that you play, gaining experience and gear in order to do even kill even stronger monsters. I play a Healing Gnome Priest called Dhells (Otto was already taken, apparently. If I get my hands on that fool)

Now for the Boss referance. A large part of the game revolves around working with other player to achieve a goal as a group. You are able to join a group of five player in Dungeon to fight monsters, not so monsters and then some really bad-ass monsters. These are bad-asses are referred to as Bosses. Killing them is the ultimate goal of the Dungeon. Well, more like the gear you get for killing them.

Once you have enough Experience, and enough Gear, you usually join your Guild (club, special group, whatever you want to call them) in a Raid, a very high level, very difficult Dungeon with the Biggest Ass Bad-ass Bosses there are. This is where this post is coming from.

We downed Halfus Wyrmbreaker, and we did it with just nine people instead of the normal 10 (there is also a 25 man version)), and we got an extra achievement out of it. I manages to win the gear reward from killing him, but really, I was just happy to have beaten my first high level Boss with my guild.

Unfortunately I was not able to join the guild the next day to have a run at the next boss in the Raid Dungeon and I will not be able to do so again tonight, but that is OK. Maybe I will be online over the weekend a see a bit more of those annoying dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment