Monday 30 June 2014

Unwitnessed Dedication

I’ve mentioned before that Korean football is not well attended. There is another example.

Suwon City is currently playing in the Seoul World cup stadium while their own older stadium is being renovated. Also known as Big Bird, it is the home off the much larger Suwon Samsung Bluewings. being an FC Seoul supporter I know this stadium mostly through my my visits on derby days when 20,000 people is considered low.

But when you visit to watch a second tier match you can't expect to get those numbers. I’d say 2,000 spectators would be a good day for Suwon City. It doesn't matter though. Players are used to this and still try their hardest, like a good sportsman should, to beat the team that are in front of them.

I hope to see them at their own stadium some day, because it is just not the same here when the Chickenwings aren't hosting FC Seoul.

20140622_200302_1
Image taken with a Samsung Galaxy S4, edited with Snapseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment