Wednesday 18 June 2014

Conformity is for the weak!

Being in a larger city area I naturally have access to better public training facilities. Being public, everyone else had access to the same facilities.

Gunpo’s public sports stadium had a nice artificial turf pitch and a small all seater stand. I’m not sure of the details, but I think you can rent it for your own football games. When I went to watch my school’s girls play dodgeball about a week ago I took a moment to photograph this casual game in progress.

The shirts were probably the best part. There seemed to be no standard. You could have your name in Roman or Hangeul. You didn't even have to use your real name. And if the names were not flexible enough, you seemed you were allowed basically any number you wanted. My favourite was the less than full number 0.9, closely followed by the giant number 109.

I might have to rethink my number for Touch Rugby. Maybe change from 42 to 3.14.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment