Tuesday 21 August 2012

Shall we play a game?

Me: (Showing the lesson to my Co) This was planned for the English room, where we have space. In the class room we don’t have space to do the game, so we will just have to go to every student and ask then some questions to practice speaking.

Her: (Pointing the big numbers I was going to use for the game) What is this?

Me: Those are for the game, but we can’t do it because we are not in the English Room.

Her: How does it work?

Me: Explain the game, a few times, even with pictures. The game we are not going to do.

Her: We can’t do that. The classroom is too small.

Me: I know. I planned that for the English Room. We didn’t have the lesson last week because I hoped to have the English Room back this week.

Her: But we can’t use the English room. It is very dirty.

Me: I know. We are not doing the game so it doesn’t matter.

Her: We can’t do it in the classroom. There is not space.

Me: I know we can’t do it there. That is my point.

Her: We can’t use the English room. The Vice Principle says it is not safe until they have fixed the air conditioning.

Me: I know. We are not doing that game because we can’t use that room.

(One or two more circles)

Her: So what are we going to do?

Me: What I suggested in the beginning. Speak to each student individually to give them practice.

Her: What about the game?

Me: We are not doing the game.

Her: We are not doing the game?!

3 minutes to explain a game that we are not even doing and 4 minutes to repeatedly say that we are not doing the game.

Joy to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment