Thursday 30 August 2012

Jelly, Jelly, just keep Jelly.

Ebony and Ivory, live together in...

Swoooooosh!

Dude, this stuff is awesome.

Jellyfish, or as I like to call them, Jellies, might just be my all-time favourite things at aquarium. Sure, they come in the big scary, and often deadly varieties as well, but in COEX Aquarium in particular they come in the cute, small, interestingly displayed varieties. Just look at these things. They are so darn cute. Don’t you just want to hug them and squeeze them and call them Georgeseses?

Jellies are found in all the world’s oceans and there are even a few fresh water varieties. The jellies close the coastlines are particular colourful. They have no brains, or any sort of central nervous system. Instead they have a oose network of nerve cells that assist them in their daily drifting around. Some jellies had light sensitive cells that assist them in determining up and down. There are so many other interesting things that could be said about them, but I am not interested in writing another Wikipedia page.

I shot these at the COEX Aquarium. We arrived pretty later and by the time we got to these the staff was already starting to shuffle people along for closing time. I wish I had time to stand at the tanks and take 200 photos. As it were I had about 10 seconds per tank, shooting and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment