Monday 11 July 2011

Kyobo Books

What is this?
Kyobo BooksKyobo Books is probably the biggest book retailer in Korea and their section on English-language books is immense. For people from South Africa, Kyobo stocks about as many books as an average sized Exclusive books. As if the sheer number of books is not impressive enough, they also stock academic book in English. There is usually a competent English speaker to help you and what they can’t find in store they can usually order fro you online.

Where is it then?
Possibly the best know branched are in Gangnam and in Jongno.

For the Gangnam Branch go to Shinoghyeon Station on line nine. Head out Exit 7 and the main entrance to Kyobo will he right in front of you.

For this, the Jongno branch, go out Exit 4 at Line 5’s Gwanghwamun Station. As you come out, look to your left and you will be starting at the Kyobo Building. Walk a few steps down the road and you will see the entrance on your left, leading down into the bookshop.

And when are they open?
I have to confirm this because it completely slipped my mind, but I suspect they keep the same hours as most major stores in Korea, so 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m, seven days a week.

I have questions. Can I call them?
As with the hours, my familiarity with this location make me not even consider going in and asking for a phone number. This will be added to my to-do list.

Is this information still correct?
I was at the locations on 10 July 2011 and can confirm the pin. I need to go back and check the times and telephone numbers.

Take me back to the list of bookshops, or show me the map with all the pins on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment