Saturday 18 December 2010

This is how we(meaning me) like.

I am busy making a list of things I would like to see or do next year. To better appreciate the places I visit, I intend to create short write-ups about them. Each write-up will be divided in to four sections

1. “Hundred words…GO!”

This will be a short description of this location in no more than 100 words. If I can’t fit it in, then I either need to improve my writing (likely) or this place is too much for one visit. Let the photos do the talking where words aren’t needed, right?

2. “…or download a movie instead?”

Is this place worth your time, or maybe yours? Should you even bother leaving the house for it?

3. “Do they throw the Inglishee good?”

Is there any English available and what is the quality of said English? Also, is the information provided worth anything? There is no point telling us how many stones were used and what the total weight of the shrine is of I don’t even know why it was put here in the first place, is there? Yes, I understand that cultures are not the same. I’m not saying the information is bad. I am just saying that the information is likely not what us “westerners” would like to receive.

4. Checka-Checka!

I love taking photographs and often I will visit a place for no other reason than to get a single photograph. This section is my opinion on your opportunity to get great photographs of the location. The location, not you. Confused? This is what I mean.

 

Note: This is a work in progress. I might change it a bit, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment