Monday 13 December 2010

Slip-sliding away.

Just like Gauteng has weather conditions that are unfamiliar to these parts of Korea (frightening thunderstorms…how I miss thee), so Gyeonggi-do has weather that I am still getting used to.

Today, despite the literally freezing conditions, the clouds decided to spit out a light drizzle, just enough to make everything wet. This is worrying because with no sun to dry the moisture from the roads and walking surfaces, I see black ice forming everywhere we don’t need it.

The black ice has not formed yet, so in the mean time the clouds have started spitting out tiny balls of ice. These balls, lying in the thin water layers, does not sure footing make.

Here’s hoping I see a few of my students face plant (without getting seriously hurt) .

No comments:

Post a Comment