Monday 20 December 2010

If only Harry had a lightsaber

It’s not often I make the effort to see something on the big screen, but this weekend I went to see the new Harry Potter.

Did you know Saturday was a school day? NO STUDENTS IN THE THEATRE!

The film, overall, was OK. Nothing earth shattering, but if you’ve already watched all the previous films, then you need to watch this, I suppose. The film starts of weirdly with little explanation of what is happening. If you never read the books, or, like me you sometimes forget what you read or what happened in the previous film all those months ago, then this can be just a tad bit confusing. A few minutes in and we transition into an air battle. Yah! Excitement! It fight started off with a bang, but unfortunately fizzled out in to a snore. This is no George Lucas film, for sure.

From there on the film just drags along. For large parts of the film nothing really happens. They sit around and argue. They walk around thinking. They run around doing, whatever. The more I think back on it, the more boring the film seems.

Despite the not so great overall entertainment I can say I am really happy I saw this on the big screen. The cinematography is enough to make most photographers drool and marvel at the precision of each shot, especially the near static filler scenes and the nature panoramas. They picked the most amazing landscapes to fill the background and the setups of rooms where they spend time looked like setups for a photo shoots. I will watch the film again just to see all that again.

So, the verdict…
Go see it. What else do you have to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment