Monday 9 August 2010

Vacation...done!

Three weeks in total, one in Pretoria, one in Bandung and finally one in Manila.

Food in South Africa is always good, no matter what you eat. Italian, Indian, German, fast food, whatever, it is all good. Importantly, I was able to eat things that I am unable to eat in Korea.

Bandung and area again served up some seriously good eats. Food in Manila was a tad disappointing. The food there was cheap, but it also tasted cheap, and there were few meals that was just to salty for me. Because it was my first time in the Phills, I am going to write this of as bad luck.

In Indonesia I finally got to see ram fighting. It was awesome. No blood, almost no injuries, and no betting that I could see. Just good clean fun for the whole family. In the Philippines, in contrast, I saw the lethal version of cock fighting. Rooster with blades on their legs fight to the death while onlookers spend large amounts of money trying to predict the winner.

I still like Indonesia, but will not be going to Bandung again next year. I have to go somewhere else for a change. Sorry, Dian, but maybe you can join me somewhere else? Manila was good, and I would like so spend more time there. Maybe next year, maybe not.

All that is left now is to sort, edit, describe and post the photos. From an initial 3000 odd photos, I’m down to about 850. Many photos were burst shots or blind shots in the car, bus or train. Same with the ram fighting and cock fighting. I hope to delete at least 100 more while I go through for editing and end up with no more than 500 edited photos. 300 photos would be ideal.

See Yah.

1 comment:

  1. Oh well... Even if i would love to have u back here again next time, sometime, or so, to show u a lil bit more of my country, my city, and else. But since u said that, then it's ok with me. You don't have to apologized, coz this is your life. U are the one who ruled it, not me. Am just glad have became a part of it. Hehehehe. Take care. :D

    ReplyDelete