Wednesday 18 August 2010

The Coffee Bun in Korea

A friend of mine made a comment saying a friend of her (confusing writing) brought her a Coffee Bun from Roti Mun in Singapore. Apparently this is the original Coffee Bun, and I looked that up because I saw Roti Mum in the Phils.

Some of you might have noticed that we have these buns in Korea as well. We even have a Papa Roti right here in Two Thousand City. Papa Roti! Now, I KNOW Koreans don’t consider Roti a normal word for bread, so it always puzzled me where they got this name from. I think found the answer.

Roti Mun is from Singapore, where Roti is a normal name for bread among the Bahasa and “Indian” speakers. I saw a Mama Roti in Seoul, so that might just be the original pathetic attempt at “not using the original name” here in Korea. Papa Roti, then, might just as bad an attempt at “not using THAT original name.” At least Yogerpresso does not have any claims on their coffee buns.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am very interested for getting your brand as a Franchise,
    My name is Emad Marwan
    My contacts are as follows:
    Emad Marwan
    +965 60 97 31 32
    emadmarwan@gmail.com

    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Best regards,
    Emad Marwan

    ReplyDelete