Thursday 19 August 2010

Multi Dryer.

27/365


This is my dish dryer. You pop your dishes in as you finish watching them. When you are done washing, you closed the window, press the big round button and the dryer will go for one hour, the first with the infra red (?) light on

This is also very useful for drying wet pillows. It is summer now and very humid. That means I sweat a lot while sleeping and have to wash my pillows at least once during the summer. Problem is that they don’t dry because of previously mentioned humidity. I got the idea last week to stuff one pillow at a time in to this dryer. The pillow barely fits and it takes a few cycles, but it is better than the mouldy smell from a few days of drying outside.

I wonder if it will work with towels as well?

2 comments:

  1. i go through towels like crazy in the summer. This year i haven't been to the beach much, but i am still using four or five towels -korea sized: like a western hand towel - a day. wrap my pillow in one for the reasons you mention, i wear one around my neck to wipe my face during the morning -and often a different one in the evening, and i take two showers a days. guess i could just dry the shower-towels, but the ones on the pillow and around my neck absorb a lot of sweat - they need to be washed.

    My goal was not to gross you out, but to sympathize and applaud your creative use of the dish dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take excellent pictures of household appliances. That was meant to sound like more of a compliment than it turned out to be ...

    I'm a little worried about the foundations of your apartment building, though - has a sinkhole opened up one side, causing your domicile to teeter, slant, etc ...? For me, this would be a more difficult problem for getting to sleep than damp pillows.

    Seriously, nice composition, and I have the same problem with pillows. My solution lately has been to put a small towel under my head when I lie down, as the commenter above suggested.

    ReplyDelete