Friday 10 May 2013

The Great Crossing

A few weekends ago was the annual Jindo Miracle Sea Festival (진도 신비의바닷길축제). I can confidently say that it is no miracle, since we know not just how it happens, but also when it happens. I also have my doubts as to how often it happens. Surely the sea is not that low just one a year at almost exactly the same time? Whatever, I was here to get my photo and play Moses. 

 

HordeAs the crowd achieved full motion, my friend asked:
“I wonder who is leading?”.
I believe my response was:
Nobody is really leading. Someone is just crazy enough to be first.”

 

Phone CameraNeedless to say, I was not the only one taking photos and that meant people getting in each other’s photo space. This woman seemed determined to be in my way, so I decided to make her the subject of my photo. Winning like a Baws! (Like a boss, for those who don’t speak Modern Geek.)

 

Booties.This being Korea, you are bound to see people who have the most expensive boots money can buy. Most of us normal people though, went with the sun 10,000 won near disposable Silly Boots.

 

Flagged and drumedWe were not the only people crossing though. The event’s full band also made it’s way over and back, complete with flying flags and all.

*Thanks to Jo for the editing and making my terrible writing be a bit more presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment