Tuesday 21 May 2013

Rolling in the road

This happens in South Africa as well, but not really in this particular way, and not nearly as often as in Korea.

Sometimes I stop at a traffic light and I’m at the front of the pack. Usually there will be more than one lane, so there will be a car next to me. This car will then be my short term entertainment/mystery as it either slowly creeps forward (learn some muscle control, dude) or does what I can only call “little hops”, almost as if the driver is trying to anticipate the changing of the light.

I have seen people do these hops until they are almost in the middle of the intersection. I have even see people basically cross the intersection and for no apparent reason just stand and wait on the other side for the light to change.

I always wonder what goes through these people’s minds when they are doing this. All I can imagine is…

Surprisingly often you will see these very same people effectively forget to drive when the light does eventually change. They creep forward, leaving me a full car length behind, but then, when the light changes, I start moving, and soon I will be looking at them in my mirror, still standing. I wonder if the music on their radio changes when the light changes. Maybe to something like this?

I suppose we should not ask questions about the actions of stupid drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment