Monday 4 June 2012

Just want to help.

I opened this video and saw something new. I was presented with  two options. The first, to watch an advert immediately and then watch the video you chose, and the second to be interrupted during my viewing.

I have no problem with advert as it allows me to view content without having to pay with my own money. However, I do have a problem when the "advert" is a 45 minute video of a Korean teacher giving a lesson for the TOIEC test. I'm in Korea, so I get Korea related adverts (that are all useless to me). This, however, is not an advert.

Easily remedied though. Reload and choose another option, this time actually paying attention to the length of the "advert". The frustration came when I thought I would be a nice user and try to help out by letting YouTube know that there is a  mismatch here.
Being sent circles to irrelevant pages to find a non-existent email for support is no fun at all, and I'm sure most people would agree.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment