Tuesday 12 June 2012

Have some more points. It’s on me.

My 2nd grade students were on a roll, never shutting up and generally just ignoring whichever teacher was talking. As punishment I gave them all 100 word essays to write. Needless to say, most didn’t even try and basically just went on making noise as if nothing was wrong. I told them, and even explained it on the board, that if they gave it to me that day, or before a 7 day week had passed, I would give them bonus points. Anyone not finished would receive penalty points, with the amount increasing cumulatively every week. The penalty point system is something some schools use.

It has been tree weeks now. I’m only counting two, giving them one, because we had holidays in between and some students missed a class with me. By right, I should still count that as a week, but without anyone to kick them in the arse and tell them to hand in the paper, they will just not do it.

Yesterday I handed in the group point sheets to the home room teachers, and boy, were the students upset. They are complaining that they lost the essays they wrote (Three weeks! Rewrite it dipshit!), that they haven’t had class with me until this week (Well why didn’t you hand it in this week, after having three weeks, dipshit?) or that they just didn’t know. (I know for a fact that I reminded you dipshit, more than once for some classes.)

It does not really matter what they say. It was punishment, they had three weeks to do it already and it is still not done. Even worse, they receive the marks yesterday and today they are still complaining, with no effing work to show!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment