Thursday 15 July 2010

I want to watch a movie!

After the lessons were done, just before the end of semester exams, I showed my students a film. This is a way for me to work around all the schedule changes the play havoc with my lessons. Students who were working with me in the lessons were allowed to watch. The few who didn’t work with me had to write an essay, in another room, and tell me why I should allow them to go watch in the other room.

Most students were more interested in telling me why they wanted to go and there was an endless supply of “I like movie”, “I love movie”. “Movie is my hobby”, “I love teacher”, “My friend there” and “This class room hot”. Needless to say, I made them redo it until they got to the point of the exercise, understanding why they were not watching the movie. A few students quickly grasped what it was all about, but preferred complete their task with humour. I let them go, only after putting on a huge show of considering their essays. Here are two of the weirder writings:

"Hum...... first reason is a my sell command go to the English room already my sell contral my body, so a few minutes later my sell angry and explode mybody please help me. second reason is a alien let me go to the English room and watch he movie If I break alien’s promise alien attack the earth. so I go to the English room."

"Well... because This country is freesm country, so I must do what I want. and My brain want to go to English room. and This is a top screat. This room have a impartive vairous. To be continue. People will become Zombies in this room. Everybody is dangerous situation. I must have a vacine. There is a vacine in the English room. Uh.... The vairous already spread out in the room I had a important mission. I go there.... please.... I go there"

No comments:

Post a Comment