Tuesday 21 January 2014

Blizzard, I love you.

On Sunday evening I received this SMS:
“내일 대설예보! 대중교통을 이용하시고 차량운행시 각별히 주의하세요! [삼성화재]”
Bing Translator says:
“Heavy snow forecast for tomorrow! Please use public transport vehicle: careful! [Samsung fire]”
Who sent me this? Is this a general public service? Is this my credit card company? is this my insurance company? Is this my my phone maker? Am I too reliant on Samsung?

Monday morning rolls around and there was snow. Enough to prevent me from using my motorcycle. The weather forecast suggested that there might be a bit more in the afternoon, so Black Betty had to stay at home. I had to put on my good boots on and brave the snow.

The day was rather uneventful until I went to the dentist. On the way little bits of white started to come down and while inside the dentist’s office a full on blizzard hit us. It was the kind where the wind changed directing all the time to blows small annoying sticky, really cold bits of stuff into every hole in your cold armour clothes.

At least this kind of weather makes for some amazing surreal scenes. The white stuff was sticking to trees and the bus passed a few patches where the trees were white from top to bottom, on all sides. Add to this the eerie grey light from the approaching dusk and the whole scene was rather creepy.

Unfortunately I didn't have my SLR with me and the setting sun meant I didn't have time to go fetch it after getting off the bus. Here are some photo from my phone take with my phone though.

20140120_174749_1

20140120_174540_1

20140120_174513_1

20140120_174459_1

20140120_175113_1

This morning the road outside my apartment was completely iced up, so I had to walk again. Near school I took an alternative route across the athletics track. The area was still completely snowed over, but one dedicated women was walking around the track ignoring the snow like a true Ajuma in the making. Some way behind her was her little dog.

The dog was following her, but not crossing the field to get to her faster. Nope, this one was staying on the track the whole way, never veering from the path it’s owner was laying down. Animals!

(Also, I played with the editing software native to the phone.)

2014-01-21 10.45.31

2014-01-21 10.44.12

No comments:

Post a Comment