Tuesday 25 June 2013

Weekend in review

This weekend started off slow and was filled with a lot of wasted time, but the non wasted times were quality. (Jo was involved and wanted to be mentioned at the start of this post, but I'm not sure how to fit her in.)

We saw the cat dressed guy for a cat cafe act like it was the worst job in the world. It worked though because everyone was looking at him.

I found the Lomography store and placed an order for a Konstructor set. They were out of stock.

I went to take photos of Sungnyemun, but my plans were foiled by the fire brigade practicing there. At least I got some good scouting shots for angles and best time to shoot.

20130622_201225

I saw a lone woman literally JUMP into the carriage as if she was in a race. Look around for a seat, and then relax because there were only 5 people around.

I finally had food at one of the late night vendors at Namdaemun Market. It was nice with great weather, but it was expensive and I will not do it again.

20130622_202815

Afterwards we had to many ciders at Reilly's Taphouse. Pfffft!

We had bubble tea at the best bubble tea place in Seoul. Turns out it is exactly the same chain as the one not so far from my apartment.

We joined the Western Contingent of Seoul FC for the match against Busan. More of them are on the cards

We got lost in a single building, trying to find the art gallery. We were followed by a guy and his girlfriend, looking for a toilet and asking expectantly asking out help by saying “Me...shit” and pointing to his stomach.

We were followed out of that building by the same guy and his girlfriend, again being looked at expectantly with “urm...toilet... where... please”. Dude, I just look Korean, I don’t know this place.

Waiting in the station at World Cup Stadium, I was amused by a middle school boy taking photos on his phone of the condoms in the vending machine. Done with the photos, he inserted money and bought his little brother a roll of sweets.

And lastly we were followed by a girl. She sat next to us at Bubble Pong, somehow managed to sit next to us in Hongdae station and then passed us inside world cup stadium. Amazingly, as we left the stadium, we passed her in the station one more time.

To top of this nice weekend, I didn’t get lost on the subway on my way home. No small feat for  me when traveling on Line 1

No comments:

Post a Comment