Wednesday 5 December 2012

Deoksugung Project

My quest to give my live a bit of meaning beyond gaming and a few scattered photos have been gaining steam. At one point I had been in 6 cities in the span of 2 months. Granted, two were my own city and Seoul, but that still leaves, Ansan, Daegu, Busan and Andong.

Keeping myself this busy does have its drawbacks. I crave days when I can do nothing but play World of Warcraft and sleep, with a bit of eating in between. I’m forever looking for things to do and then trying to fit people in to these plans. Being this busy is also making me put things of that can be done later. Sometimes, however, I put them off for 6 months and then have to rush to do whatever it was I wanted to do.

The Deoksugung Project is one of the things I kept on putting off. I had it on my calendar for months, and somehow managed to only visit it on the second last evening. It was an “exhibition” by the National Museum of Contemporary Art in which they lit up the buildings in Deoksu Palace. I admit that I was a little disappointed by what I saw, but at least some decent photos came out of it, and in the end that is why I was there, right?

*
* * *
*

All the photos were shot in manual mode, usually at f/8.0 and shutter speeds as high as 10 seconds. More often than not I had my focal length as wide as it would go, 24mm

No comments:

Post a Comment