Friday 17 February 2012

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest

Yesterday I started telling you about gear for my virtual character. Exiting stuff, I’m sure you would agree. 10 million people cant be wrong.

As I mentioned, I was healing during the Firelands Raid, but my team was kind enough to let me do a quest and let me have the stuff that I needed to get what is called a Legendary Weapon. These things are amazing. With one of those on your character you can do some serious damage, as in up to 20% more. Trust me, that is a lot. The weapon is called “Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest”. But, you are a healer, you are saying. they said it was a thank you for being shoves in and out of roles, and I was not going to complain about it.

If I can get my hands on this weapoin a lot of my being behind in gear will be offset by its amazing ability to make me kill stuff faster. I might be able to finish the quest now, but my main problem is that I will be doing it at a time when most of my guild will not be online to help me, so I’m thinking now that I want to get some more gear so that I kind of have more than I need, then go make a run at quest to get the staff.

I am currently stuck at the most difficult part because I was never in a real position to get it. As I said, I was a healer, and my gear was for healing, not for fighting my way through giant monsters keeping me from an awesome staff. So, over the next couple of weeks I will get a few more pieces of gear and I will take a Saturday off to head back in to that dungeon to get my digital Gnome hands on that staff.

You might think it stops with the gear. No, sir, and madam, it does not. I will be spending my hard earned gold to buy potions, a lot of potions, on the Auction House. I will also be spending gold on making the gear that I have perfect, and I will have to redo my Talents to help me not die. This, again, will cost me more gold. once I am done with that I will fly to where I need to be, sit down with a coffee while watching some TV, and when I am ready I will place myself in front of the computer and bang my head against that quest for two to three hours.

(Despite my gear shortage I think I will have a go at it this Saturday evening,. Kind of like practice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment