Tuesday 5 October 2010

I have a happy in my tummy

I learned a new word today. A co-teacher in the lunch room use the word 시원하다, and had me repeat it. I remembered it and asked an English co-teacher if I remembered correctly. She confirmed that I was correct and also supplied me with a definition

“예. When you have a soup like 콩나물, you will feel warm and comfortable in your stomach. Especially when you have a hangover after drinking alcohol.^^”

She asked me if there was something similar in English and all I could think of was “Hearty Meal”, but Satisfying or Invigorating might also work. What do you guys think?

Hearty: Pronunciation: \’här-tē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): heart·i·er; heart·i·est
Date: 14th century

1 a: giving unqualified support (a hearty endorsement)
b: enthusiastically or exuberantly cordial : jovial
c: expressed unrestrainedly

2 a: exhibiting vigorous good health (1): having a good appetite (2): abundant, rich, or flavourful enough to satisfy the appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment