Monday 7 July 2014

Better Days of Fishing

Korea is one of the world's major fishing countries, but I suspect that is not due to boats like this.

This small fishing boat at Eulwangni Beach near Incheon has seen better days. I'm no expert on what vessels should look like, but somehow I feel that the rust there is not a good thing and not a sight of a prosperous fisherman.

I've never lived near the sea and have very little knowledge of the life of small scale fishing men and women. I have, however, always thought that it's not an easy life. From my sporadic encounters it looks like these men and women are forever living on the edge where failure means going to bed hungry and exhausted.

The life of those who must provide food for themselves and others can be hard. We in the cities really don’t appreciate them or their hard work.


Eurwangni Beach
Image taken with a Canon 650D fitted with a Sigma 18-250mm lens, edited in Adobe Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment