Friday 12 October 2012

Mad fun night of gaming!

For Mist of Pandaria, the new World of Warcraft expansion, I decided to take things slower while levelling to level 90. This means I don’t leave a zone until I’ve read and done every possible quest. It also means that if something looks interesting, I go to investigate.

My fun started last night when I went to an island way into the sea to go kill some dude.  He had a name I don’t care to remember, but he was messing with my game peeps and had to be stopped. I went in, tried to kill him and after about 2 minutes of doing pretty much nothing I had to run away (oh the same) to search on the internet for what I was missing. Turns out dragging his little friends over and killing them in front of him makes him an unhappy dead bad guy, so I did just that.

Basking in my assisted victory I started making my way back to the quest giver. I jumped in the water, realised that the long swim will take forever and THEN realised that I am a priest. I can Levitate and, get this, float over the water. With this I cut down my traveling time from about 5 minutes to about 3 minutes. I was Hyena Jesus.

Turns out I made my Home Inn, or base, right next to the quest giver and I could have used an ability to take me there in 20 seconds. Of course!

When I was done with that area I was lead to the last few quests of the zone. I had to convince a huge tiger to open a pretty gate to a zone I am not able to use yet (Oookaaaaay then) and then went on to meet a dude hiding in a tiny Great Wall of China. After doing his quests I was given a bread crumb to a quest at the other end of the wall. It was possible to get to the top of the wall, so wall running it was going to be.

Running the wall was like being on a tour bus - boring, but great scenery. About half way across I came to a room with some hostile creatures. After looking around I noticed players from the opposition faction on the opposite side of the little room. “No worries,” I thought “I would be able to mount up and just run straight through. I only have to worry about the hostile things in the room.”

Not so. The opposition faction players standing on the other side were not just there minding their own business. They were there they to buy their Player vs Player armour. Without me knowing it, I crossed to the other side of the room right into enemy territory. This tuned my PvP flag on right in the middle of a bunch of guys who liked nothing better than killing little Gnome Priests.

I had no idea what had happened and told the story to my guild. My question was met with laughter and an explanation of just why I had no business being where I was. Glad I could be your entertainment, guys.

To make that particular situation even worse, my body was lying right between the killers and I had no hope of recovering it it, so I had to ask the sweet angel at the cemetery to revive me. She penalised me by giving me Resurrection Sickness and making me 90% more vulnerable. The new plan was to jump off the wall (Remember Levitate? It also lets me jump off things and not die.Priests! Priests! Priests!) and run to the other end, long way round. I saw some quests along the way and thought I might polish them off while I am there.

I jumped off the wrong side.

Whatever!  I eventually made my way to the “in between quests” and was given my funnest/funniest instructions so far. The area had lots of Kawa (coffee) and the little traders there were trying to get their little hands on some. I was tasked with doing the dirty work for them.

First up was picking up Kawa Deposits. Basically that is coffee beans in goat s***. In between pick-ups I had to fight mountain goats hopped up on the caffeine. Sweet! After having dealt with that mess I had to go pick fresh Kawa Berries while dodging and sometimes fighting Yetis. Yes Yetis, and not just any Yetis, Yetis hopped up on, you guessed it, caffeine. Awesome!

Kawa dealers done, I joined the final fight of the zone to open up the pass to the adjoining zone. Final quest there, go ask some guard dude to let me in so that I can talk to some important monks dude in some huge monastery. The result? Guard says no, attacks me and I kill him. Tough Diplomacy right there, boyyyyy.

Great night of playing and fun that will be remembered for a long time. And...Nerds Rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment